Friday, December 2, 2011

i miss her everyday. but today, i miss her most.

when i was little, i never thought all three of my sisters would be my best friends like they are today. we had our tiffs, and by golly, still do. we made one another mad more times than i can count. but in all fairness, my sisters are my best friends, ever.
that's a picture of my great-grandma and my two older sisters with me. it's my oldest sister's birthday today. the little girl with the floral skirt and a crown on. she turned twenty-two.

la.
she takes better care of me than i take care of her. she calls me from faraway and leaves messages on my phone when i'm in ceramics class. i've smiled and laughed with her. la has this love for life and blessing other people that i don't have. she loves jesus. and this quote, sums her up in a nutshell.


"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.

I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

- Marjorie Pay Hinckley 

that's her. she's doing it.

Joyeux Anniversaire dear.
bottom line, i feel bad for everyone who doesn't get to have her for a sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment