Thursday, June 2, 2011

laughing with god.

i like to think most of the time, i'm a pretty decent listener. but when it comes to praying, i'm a conversation hog. sometimes i feel bad that God has to listen to my big mouth. i go from one thought, to the next problem, to yet another thought, and etc. usually i realize my fault, slow down, and listen. he doesn't always talk back. and sometimes, like tonight, it was mostly just me talking. i had lots to say and needed the outlet. but after i realized i had been blabbering on for a good 45 minutes at a rapid pace, i laughed.

i'm sure he laughed too. he has the right to.

he reminded me that he has a plan. my beloved Lord holds me in his hands and he will never let me go. i don't have anything to worry about. psalms 55:22 entered my head,

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, 
and he shall sustain thee: 
he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

i'd be silly to forget that. 
and than it was my turn again, but all that came out of my mouth was
thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment